Can Your Survive the CIA Writing Bootcamp?
Do you dare take on the CIA bootcamp for writers?
This six week course covers:
- How vast amounts of information is compiled, analyzed, and given to people who don’t what you are talking about!
- Develop and hone your ability to take fragments of evidence and develop conclusions without injecting you personal bias.
- Learn techniques like the inverted pyramid, the BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front), and writing without using adjectives.
- How to maintain credibility with readers who are opposed to the message you are conveying.
- Understand thresholds for various audiences.
Prerequisites: None. This is beginning level workshop. No computer required.
Length of time: six 2.5 hour classes.
Commander-In-Chief: David Cariens
Requires purchase of textbook: Critical Thinking Through Writing: Intelligence and Crime Analysis. To be sold at a discounted price. This is the textbook Mr. Cariens uses in his classes.
About the Instructor: David Cariens is a retired CIA officer who currently teaches intelligence analysis and writing in the U.S. and abroad. He is the author of A Question of Accountability: The Murder of Angela Dales — an examination of the shooting at the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, Virginia and a textbook, Critical Thinking Through Writing: Intelligence and Crime Analysis. He contributed to the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Agency’s Criminal Intelligence for the 21st Century.
Time, Date and Place: to be announced. If interested, send us a message using the contact form and we will put you on the list.
Maximum number of attendees: 12
Non-Guild Members: $120.00/ Guild Members: $60.00