Blogging – This is a beginner class on the art of the blog.
Prerequisites: Must have working knowledge of using a computer to compose and correct text. Users must bring their computer to class. They will receive a WordPress login before the class is held.
Length of Time: 2.5 hours. This is a hands-on class. Do not bring your pet lizard to class. Keep your hands off the instructor.
What you will learn:
- What is a blog and why is it important
- How to identify and establish a platform.
- Organizing your thoughts and preparing an outline to conceptualize what you want you want to say in a succinct form.
- Write your first blog to insure you are focusing your concept, setting up your blog, generating good content, and attracting attention.
- Send your blog out to the universe and learn how to help people find it.
Instructor: David Cariens whose specific experience with blogging includes:
- He has written and maintained a blog since 2007 with a steady following
- Written in a variety of formats
- Adjunct professor at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Instructor and analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency
- Author of six books including two text books on writing.
Date, time and place: to be determined. If you are interested, please send us a message using the contact form on this website and we will place you on the list.
Maximum of five participants.
Cost: $20.00 non-Guild member; $10.00 Guild Member